C.H.A.I.N. Reaction, Inc. transitional housing program’s mission is to provide case management, independent living opportunities and safe supervised housing to foster care youth. We are dedicated to providing comprehensive support services for foster care youth to transition from the dependence of the foster care and probation systems to a achieving self-sufficiency and leaders in the community.
Foster care and probation youth who age out of the child welfare system are no longer eligible for foster care services. These youth are at risk of homelessness, unemployment, and incarceration at higher rates than their adolescent peers. Our goal is to assist Non-Minor Dependents with attaining permanent residency, education, employment and increased skills and income by the time of exit from the program.
THPP-NMD participants are provided the opportunity to live in furnished units and receive comprehensive supportive services such as:
- Case Management
- Furnished Housing in Remote Housing (1-2 Bedroom Apartments and Single Family Dwellings)
- Paid Rent, Utilities, Telephone and WiFi Internet
- Monetary Allowance
- Education Advocacy & Support
- Life Skills Training
- Employment Training and Support
- Coordination with DCFS Independent Living Program
- Assistance in Pursuing College or Vocational Training
- Services to Build and Support Relationships with Family and Community
- Post-Program Housing Assistance
- Transportation Assistance through Youth on the Move (MTA)
- Roommates: Selection, Training, and Support
- Public Benefits Advocacy
- Regular Housing Advocacy and Tenancy Training
- Training Curriculum to Prepare Youth for Permanent Housing
- Referrals to Mentors and/or CASAs
C.H.A.I.N. Reaction, Inc. Transitional Housing Placement Program for Non Minor Dependents (THPP-NMD) clients are AB-12 Non-Minor Dependents (NMD) 18-20 years of age who are currently supervised by the foster care or probation system. Clients are eligible for the program up until the day before their 21st birthday. We do not discriminate on the basis of socioeconomic status, age, race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, or disability. Participants are mature single male, female, pregnant, parenting male, or parenting female young adults who demonstrate the potential to succeed and who will benefit from comprehensive support services with supervised housing.
C.H.A.I.N. Reaction, Inc. provides essential services to support THPP-NMD clients on their goal to independence and self-sufficiency. The Advocacy Counselor (AC) conducts ongoing monitoring of the client’s goals and training during the weekly case management home visits and a minimum of four hours of monthly life skills training.
Life Skills Training Topics: (Additional topics are also tailored based on client’s needs):
- Transportation Training
- Maintenance of Personal Items
- Living Unit Upkeep and Maintenance
- Nutrition and Food Management, Storage, and Preparation
- Health Education
- Family Planning
- Money Management Skills Training
- Checking and Savings Account
- Legal Rights and Community Resources
- Medical and Dental Care Training
- Socialization Skills and Self-Esteem
- Goal Setting Training
- Education and Vocational Opportunities
- Mental Health
- Substance Abuse
Ready to Learn More?
Click the button below to download the application and fill it out. For program consideration, please DO NOT fax your application. Download the THPP-NMD Application and e-mail the completed application along with the attachments as outlined on the application to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please enter your last name and application.
For example: “Doe Application.”
If you need further assistance, please email your question to email@example.com.